Programs & Services
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Treating gynecological conditions in patients as young as newborns to young adults calls for experienced, compassionate care. Phoenix Children’s offers many specialized services to meet the needs of patients. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Birth control including IUDs and implants
- Reproductive health counseling for patients with special needs
- Transgender reproductive health
- Compassionate consultations with families to develop treatment plans that address their child’s needs
Our providers also offer surgical care, which include:
- Exams under anesthesia/sedation (IUD insertions, removal of foreign objects and more)
- Surgical evaluation and treatment of:
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Consultations and reconstructive surgery for:
- Traumatic injuries
- Abnormalities of the reproductive organs
Phoenix Children’s provides many of these services and more at outpatient gynecology clinics. These are conveniently located at Phoenix Children’s main campus and Mercy Gilbert.
Multidisciplinary Care for Better Outcomes
Providers work closely with departments and specialists across the hospital. This collaboration helps us deliver holistic care and better outcomes. Multidisciplinary clinics include:
- Differences of Sex Development Clinic – The Differences of Sex Clinic provides comprehensive, compassionate care to support patients and families managing a wide range of conditions. We bring together specialists from general surgery, urology, gynecology, endocrinology and psychology to best support you.
- Hematology Gynecology Clinic –Phoenix Children’s gynecologists work closely with the hematology department to support children and adolescents with bleeding and clotting disorders. Together, these teams provide convenient care to help patients manage gynecological health, including heavy menstrual bleeding, birth control and more.