Programs & Services
Palliative Care Program
When a child has a serious illness, it affects the whole family. We provide care in both inpatient and outpatient settings and are dedicated to giving your child and family the best possible quality of life.
Our palliative care specialists include physicians, nurses, child life therapists, social workers and psychologists who are committed helping children who have serious illnesses. We will talk with your child and family to develop a treatment plan that fits your family’s needs. Our care includes:
- Relief from pain and other symptoms
- Guidance and support for decision-making
- Advance-care planning
- Coordinating information and communication between the family and the care team
- Help with talking to your child about their illness
- Specialized care with a child life therapist
- Support for family and loved ones to cope with a child’s life-limiting condition
- Bereavement support if needed
Your child’s needs may change over the course of their illness. Our palliative care team continually assesses these needs and will consult with you about any necessary changes. Our goal is for your child’s comfort and your confidence, every step of the way.