Programs & Services
We strive to provide the best care for our patients. Children receive comprehensive disease management resources including medical and lifestyle assessments, nutritional counseling, diabetes education and behavioral health services related to an endocrine diagnosis.
The CARE Program strives to improve the lives of children in a number of ways, including:
- Comprehensive pediatric medical care via our CARE Clinic, which provides treatment to children and adolescents who are at high risk of developing premature cardiovascular disease and/or type 2 diabetes.
- Support for patients who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, via the Pediatric Type 2 CARE Clinic.
- An exploration of causes, effects and innovative treatments through research
- Education for patients, their families, students, healthcare providers and the community about common diagnosis and treatments, healthy lifestyles and preventive care
Most treatment plans include one or more of the following:
- Lifestyle changes - diet and exercise
- Over-the-counter therapies
- Prescription medications
- Referral to additional specialists/clinical partners
- Follow-up appointments with specialists and dietitians, as needed