Mohan V. Belthur, MD
Attending Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon Phoenix Children’s Hospital; Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Child Health University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix
Dr. Mohan Belthur is an attending pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. His research interests include:
- Pediatric Limb Reconstruction
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Clubfeet, pediatric foot & ankle disorders
- Pediatric trauma
- Pediatric musculoskeletal infections
- Gait Analysis
Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
Master of Surgery (MS – Orthopaedics), University of Bombay, India, 1995
MBBS, Bangalore University, 1991
FRCSC (Orthopaedic surgery) – The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Canada, June 2012
FRCS (Tr & Orthopaedics), The Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, 2003
FRCS – General Surgery, The Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, 1997
ECFMG Certificate 0-625-828-9: 2005
CCST - Certificate of completion of satisfactory training, The Specialist training Authority, UK, 2005
- Belthur MV, Iobst CA, Bor N, Segev E, Eidelman M, Standard SC, Herzenberg JE. Correction of cubitus varus after pediatric supracondylar elbow fracture: alternative method using the Taylor Spatial Frame. J Pediatr Orthop. 2015 Apr 21.
- Baratela WA, Bober MB, Thacker MM, Belthur MV, Oto M, Rogers KJ, Mackenzie WG. Cervicothoracic Myelopathy in Children with Morquio Syndrome A: A Report of 4 Cases. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics: March 2014: Volume 34 (2): p 223-228.
- Dede O, Thacker MM, Rogers KJ, Oto M, Belthur MV, Baratela W, Mackenzie WG. Upper cervical fusion in children with Morquio syndrome: intermediate to long term results. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 Jul 3; 95(13):1228-34.
- Dhawale AA, Thacker MM, Belthur MV, Rogers K, Bober MB, MacKenzie WG. The lower extremity in Morquio syndrome. J Pediatr Orthop. 2012 Jul; 32 (5):534-40.
- Gadhok K, Belthur MV, Cook T, Oprescu F, Morcuende JA. Qualitative assessment of the challenges to the treatment of idiopathic clubfoot by the Ponseti method in India. Iowa Journal of Orthopaedics, Vol. 32: 135 -140, 2012.
- Belthur MV, Verdugo AA, Birchansky SB, Mason EO, Hulten KG, Kaplan S, Smith E, Phillips WA, Weinberg J. Pathologic fractures in children with acute Staphylococcus aureus osteomyelitis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012 Jan 4; 94(1):34-42.
- Church C, Coplan J, Poljak D, Thabet A, Kowtharapu D, Lennon N, Marchesi S, Henley J, Starr R, Mason D, Belthur MV, Herzenberg JE, Miller F. A Comprehensive Outcome Comparison of Surgical and Ponseti Clubfoot Treatment with reference to paeditric norms. J Child Orthop 2012, 6:51–59.
- Belthur MV, Linton J, Barnes D. A survey of Preaxial polydactyly of the foot. J Pediatr Orthop. 2011 Jun; 31(4):435-47.
- Weinberg J, Belthur MV. The role of lateral-entry Steinmann pins in the treatment of pediatric supracondyar humerus fractures. J Children’s Orthopaedics 2010, Vol. 4, 5: 455-459.
- Belthur MV, Weinberg JW, Palazzi D, Miller J, Phillips WA. A clinical analysis of shoulder and hip infections in children. Journal of pediatric orthopedics 2009, 29: 828-833.