Cindy S. Bauer, MD
Co-Director, Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Clinic ; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Child Health, University of Arizona College of Medicine
Dr. Bauer’s research interests include a spectrum of diseases seen in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. These most notably include: eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), food allergy, asthma, anaphylaxis, and allergen Immunotherapy. As the Co-Director of the Multi-disciplinary Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Clinic, she currently is most involved in EoE related clinical and, in conjunction with her colleagues Dr. Benjamin Wright (PCH and Mayo Clinic), Dr. Shauna Schroeder (PCH) and Dr. James Lee (Mayo Clinic) bench research. Outside of this, she has interest in medical education, which will be enhanced in the upcoming years as she becomes involved in the Mayo Clinic Allergy/Immunology Fellowship program.
Allergy & Immunology
2010-2013 Fellowship- Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Medical College of Wisconsin,Froedtert, Zablocki VA Medical Center, and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
2008-2010 Internal Medicine Residency- Aurora Health Care Sinai and St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
2007-2008 Internship- St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
2003-2007 Doctor of Medicine- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
2000-2003 Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Bauer C and Rank M. Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Subcutaneous versus Sublingual Immunotherapy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2014; 134(3):765.
- Bauer C and Halbrich M. Chapter 2: Cells Involved in Immune Responses and Chapter 3: Specific Immune Responses. ACAAI Review for the Allergy and Immunology Boards—Second Edition. 2013 by American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
- Bauer C, Kampitak T, Messieh M, Kelly K, Vadas P. Heterogeneity in Presentation and Treatment of Catamenial Anaphylaxis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology 2013;111(2):107-11. Doi:10.1016/j.anai.2013.06.001.
- Bauer C, Vadas P, Kelly K. Methylene Blue for Refractory Anaphylaxis—Is it a Magic Bullet?: The Authors’ Response. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2013;31(7):1140-1141.
- Bauer C, Chiu A, Zafra H, Gimenez L, Nugent M, Simpson P, Vasudev M. The Value of an Allergy/Immunology Rotation in an Academic Tertiary Medical Center. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology 2013;110(6):468-469.
- Bauer C, Vadas P, Kelly K. Methylene Blue for the Treatment of Refractory Anaphylaxis without Hypotension. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2013;31(1):264.e3-5.
- Bauer C, Dasu T, Sigua J, Casper J, Routes J, Verbsky J. Severe Colitis in a Child with Perforin Deficiency. Journal of Clinical Immunology 2012;32(2):361-362.
- Bauer CS, Lamba AR, Zimmerman HP, Hoffmann RG, Dasgupta M, Noel RJ, Levy MB, and Vasudev M. Our 3-year Experience with Patch Testing for Eosinophilic Esophagitis. AAAAI Annual Meeting 2012.
- Salm (Bauer) C, St. Clair N, Samyn M, Lustig J. Cardiac Manifestations from Non-FIP1L1-PDGFRα-Associated Hypereosinophilic Syndrome in a 13-Year Old African American Boy. Journal of Allergy 2009;2009:Article ID 804910.
- Maronn M, Salm (Bauer) C, Lyon V, Galbraith S. One-Year Experience with Candida Antigen Immunotherapy for Warts and Molluscum. Pediatric Dermatology 2008;25(2):189-192