The PCRI Office of Research provides the Phoenix Children's Hospital research community with a central core of personnel with expertise in all types of clinical trials management, including protocol coordinators and nurses, protocol development and trial design, clinical regulatory affairs, compliance and financial management. The Office of Research supports investigators in the conduct of therapeutic or non-therapeutic clinical trials, both internally and externally sponsored.
The objectives of the PCRI Office of Research are as follows:
- Continuously seek to increase the quantity and quality of investigator-initiated and externally sponsored clinical trials
- Facilitate the translational research efforts of the PCRI research community by providing assistance in streamlined protocol development, protocol activation, protocol management and data collection
- Provide infrastructure for the conduct of clinical trials across all phases
- Provide oversight of centralized research personnel, including initial and ongoing training, education and study monitoring
- Increase the participation of volunteer subjects in clinical trials
- Serve as the central resource for all trials conducted at Phoenix Children's Hospital